AFK was founded in 1921 and have been supporting customers since with high quality products, tailor-made services and providing a ‘Total Solutions’ model to the EU market.
Acquired by A-Gas.
Restructuring into two companies and a change of name to „Arthur Friedrichs Industriebedarf GmbH“, Bremerhaven, and „Arthur Friedrichs Kältemittel GmbH“, Ramelsloh.
As a result of the strong growth in the branch the move to the new construction in Seevetal near Hamburg took place in May. The newly designed filling stations fulfill the highest technical requirements.
With the introduction of the refrigerant R134a the first marketing activities in the vehicle air conditioning aftermarket in the whole of Germany were started. Well-known companies in the car industry were supplied by us.
Start of the filling and marketing of carbon dioxide for stationary fire extinguishing systems, gastronomy and many other possible uses. Here, as with refrigerants, containers in all sizes were immediately filled from a large tank.
The fire extinguishing agent Halon 1301 was included in the product range.
Dipl. Ing. Dieter Oelkers takes over the business from his father. Setting up of a branch in Hamburg. From here the filling and marketing of refrigerants was intensified.
Extension of the product portfolio with refrigerants (ammoniac, R12).
Acquisition by Werner Oelkers and change in Arthur Friedrichs Nachfolger. Extension of the delivery programme by the inclusion of technical articles for industry and trade. In addition, the sales of fire extinguishers of the Gloria company was taken over. After the second world war the fire prevention department took over the inspection of fire extinguishers.
The Arthur Friedrichs Company was established by the same-named owner in the Herwigstraße 8-10 in Bremerhaven. The company’s focus was on ship equipment.