R454C ( Opteon XL20)
R454C (Opteon™ XL20) is a mildly flammable refrigerant with a GWP less than 150. It is used as a replacement of R404A and R22 in new equipment designs in positive displacement, direct expansion low and medium temperature commercial and industrial applications.
R454C offers similar performance to R404A and R22 which makes it easy and cost effective to apply in new equipment without major modifications. Classified as mildly flammable, R454C allows much higher charge sizes than other more highly flammable refrigerants and can be safely used by following the applicable codes and standards.
Ideal for hermetically-sealed refrigeration systems
Drum Sizes on request
- AFK product cylinders are fitted with a Residual Pressure Device (RPD) to ensure used refrigerant or any other substance cannot be reintroduced into a cylinder
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- AFK operates a returnable cylinder fleet, empty cylinders are to be returned
- For more information please contact AFK on +49 (0) 4185 7001-0 or via the Contact Us form
Product Features & Benefits
- GWP less than 150 (96% reduction versus R404A)
- Close performance match to R404A; slightly reduced capacity, improved efficiency
- Easily convertible from R404A and R22 design with minimal changes
- Non toxic and mildly flammable
- Miscible with POE lubricants
The information contained within this website is for guidance only, for further system specific advice please call AFK directly