R744 (CO2) - Refrigerant Grade
R744 (CO2) is refrigerant grade CO2, used as a replacement for R134a and R404A in ultra-low, low and medium temperature refrigeration applications. R744 (CO2) is becoming increasingly popular due to its excellent properties. With an Ozone Depleting Potential (ODP) of 0 and a Global Warming Potential (GWP) of 1, R744 (CO2) is a natural refrigerant.
AFK offer R744 (CO2) with a purity grade of 4.0 and 4.5. Please contact the team for further information.
*Industrial heat extraction, Mobile air conditioning, Air to water heat pump systems
- For more information on Carbon Dioxide for Technical Use please click here
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- AFK operates a returnable cylinder fleet, empty cylinders are to be returned
- AFK does fill CO2 in cylinders, yet this CO2 is not to be used in Food Application (CO2 E290 - the E indicates that it’s a Food Ingredient).
- For more information please contact AFK on +49 (0) 4185 7001-0 or via the Contact Us form
Product Features & Benefits
- Refrigerant grade R744 (CO2) is available from AFK in gas (vapour) or liquid form
- Non-flammable with a safety classification of A1
- Compressors must be charged with modified polyolester oils, contact the compressor manufacturer for more information
- Excellent thermodynamic properties and low energy requirements
- R744 (CO2) can be used alongside other primary refrigerants such as hydrocarbon and ammonia
- High operating pressures
- Refrigeration systems that contain R744 (CO2) require strict controls on moisture, oil and other contaminants. Contact A-Gas should a CO2 analysis be required
- Ultra-low moisture content, less than 5 ppm
- Industrial grade R744 (CO2) has an average water content of up to 10 times higher than the R744 (CO2) available from A-Gas. This can result in the formation of Carbonic Acid and its build up will result in corrosion of machinery and pipework
- Vapour R744 (CO2) cylinders are available for initial pressurisation of systems, whilst liquid R744 (CO2) provides the required charge your system needs to operate efficiently
The information contained within this website is for guidance only, for further system specific advice please call AFK directly